- 1½ pounds Klondike Goldust® potatoes
- 2 tbsp. butter
- ½ c. milk
- 4 oz. shredded cheddar cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 eggs
- 2 c. Panko breadcrumbs
- Cut potatoes into large chunks. Put into large saucepan and cover with cold water. Cool 15-20 minutes on high until tender; drain.
- Mash the potatoes until smooth, adding butter and milk. Add cheese, salt and pepper. Let cool slightly.
- Lightly beat eggs, add salt and pepper. Place breadcrumbs on a plate.
- With lightly floured hands, form 1 tablespoon of potato into a ball. Dip into egg, coating lightly. Then coat with breadcrumbs. Place ball onto baking sheet. Repeat with remaining mashed potatoes. Cover potatoes with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 1 hour before baking.
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Spray potatoes with cooking spray. Bake for 15 minutes. Turn potatoes and bake for 7-10 minutes more or until golden brown.