- Klondike Petite Mini Red & Yellow Potatoes – cut in half
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper
- 12 oz Lager Beer (or non-alcoholic beer)
- 1 tbsp Mustard
- 4 cups grated Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- 2 tbsp Paprika
- 1 Tbsp Cornstarch
- 1 tbsp water
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Place halved potatoes onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with garlic powder, salt, and pepper (to taste). Toss to coat and combine.
- Bake potatoes for 15-20 minutes or until potatoes are just fork-tender. Important tip: you want potatoes fully cooked, but not fall apart when dipping into fondue cheese.
- Combine beer, mustard, and paprika into a saucepan over medium heat and stir. Bring to a low boil.
- Add cheese – less than a cup cup at a time, whisking constantly to melt and combine cheese mixture before adding more cheese.
- Mix water and cornstarch in a small bowl to dissolve cornstarch. Add to cheese mixture and simmer for 1-2 minutes until thickened.
- Transfer to a fondue pot (if you have one) or to a preheated cast-iron skillet. Cast-iron holds it heat very well but be careful! Place skillet over a thick kitchen towel, trivet, or oven mitts.