- 2 Refrigerated (or frozen) 9-inch pie crusts
- 1/2 lb. Ground Beef or Diced Chuck Steak
- 1/2 cup Beef Stock
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil, divided
- 1 cup Green Giant™ Fresh Red Potatoes, small dice
- 1 15oz can peas
- 1/2 cup yellow onion, small dice
- 1/2 cup carrots, small dice
- 1/2 tsp. dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp dried sage
- 2 cloves crushed garlic
- 1 tbsp cornstarch + 1 tbsp warm water = corn starch slurry
- 1 egg, eaten + 2 tbsp water = egg wash
- Brown Gravy Packet for serving
- Small bowl roughly 6 inches in diameter or 6-inch round cutter
- Pastry brush
- Rolling Pin
- Preheat oven to 400. Thaw pie crusts according to package instructions.
- Warm 1 tbsp olive oil in a large pot and add carrots, onion, and potatoes. Cook on low for 10 minutes.
- In a separate skillet over medium heat, warm 1 tbsp olive oil, dried thyme, dried sage, garlic, and stir for 30 seconds. Add ground beef and cook until browned. Using a slotted spoon, remove ground beef from the skillet and add to the pot of vegetables. Add peas and vegetable stock. Stir to combine.
- In a small bowl mix cornstarch with warm water to create a slurry. Add cornstarch slurry to the pot, stir, and simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Unroll pie crust on a lightly floured surface and roll with a rolling pin to smooth any creases. Using the upside bowl or round cutter, cut rounds from the dough. Repeat by reshaping and re-rolling the dough as needed. Note: we were able to make 4 pasties with one 9-inch pie crust.
- Brush egg wash around the entire edge of each piece of dough. Spoon two heaping tablespoons of your filling to one half each dough round. Fold the dough over to create the pasties shape and seal edges with a fork.
- Place pasties on a lined baking sheet and brush with egg wash. With a sharp knife, create three slits in the top of each pastie.
- Bake for 20 minutes until golden brown and serve warm with gravy.