- 5 CarbSmart™ Potatoes – grated
- 1/2 white or yellow onion – grated
- 1/2 tsp salt & pepper
- 3 eggs – beaten
- 3 tbsp extra virgin Olive Oil
- Line a large bowl with a tea / kitchen towel. Using a food processor with a grater attachment or a hand-held grater, grate all potatoes and toss into the bowl over the towel. Allow to sit for 30 minutes.
- While the potatoes sit, grate the onion and set aside.
- Wring out as much of the water as possible from the potatoes by using the towel and letting the water drip into the bowl, and toss drained moisture.. Add the potatoes, onions, egg, to the bowl and mix to combine.
- To a large skillet on medium / high heat, add extra virgin olive oil, and spoon 3 tablespoons of potato mixture. Quickly create a round potato cake using a spatula, spoon, or fork. Cook for 5 minutes (until golden brown) then turn and cook other side until golden brown.
- Transfer to a paper towel lined plate and lightly sprinkle salt & pepper. Repeat. Serve warm.
- Option: Serve warm with chives, apple sauce, sour cream or your favorite entree. Enjoy!